FUTURE LEADERS CIRCLE
WHAT MAKES A GREAT LEADER?
Leadership and what we mean by it, is a little mysterious. We know when it is there, and we sure know when it isn’t.
The last few years have been unexpected, disruptive and often very difficult for many. Yet despite the turmoil and sometimes tragedy, new visions of how we could live and work have emerged. The disruptions have led to innovation and opportunities to do things differently.
The Future Leaders Circle is a seven-month program which aims to help emerging senior PR & Comms leaders discover their leadership style, build their confidence and expand their skills to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
I invite you to consider this program for your best and brightest.
WHO IS THE FUTURE LEADERS CIRCLE FOR?
The program is aimed at senior in-house or agency PR & Comms execs with eight to ten years’ experience who want to:
- Discover their inner leadership vision and style
- Share their challenges and successes with their peers in a confidential small group
- Learn how to develop their leadership skills
- Commit to attend all meetings and get the most out of the program
- Complete reading and project work
- Be willing to explore, participate and share their authentic self
Enhanced understanding of personal leadership strengths
Development of new leadership skills
Pathway to continue to learn and nurture skills
Increase in leadership confidence and authenticity
Ability to engage and bring out the best in the team
on the theme of the module
Monthly Group Meeting
facilitated by Amanda Little
3 x 1-on-1 Coaching Meetings
with Amanada Little
Weekly Check In Meeting
via private Facebook Group
Small Group Project
Working in a team to research & develop a program around sustainability
An Everything Managment DiSC®
and buddy check-ins
for extended study
LEADERSHIP ASPECTS TO BE EXPLORED:
The Future Leaders Circle is made up of seven complementary modules which combine to build a skill set for effective and authentic leadership.
1 THE INNER LEADER
- What are the values and beliefs that drive the participant’s current model of leadership?
- What are the individual’s leadership strengths and areas for development?
- Teams, stakeholders and colleagues want to know where the team is headed.
- How can the leader clarify and communicate the vision for others?
- Award-winning work centres around clear objectives and a coherent and skilful strategy.
- How can future leaders develop strong strategies and bring others along the journey with them?
- Cut-through creative stands on the shoulders of insightful strategy.
- How can the leader encourage and nurture creative thinking and outcomes?
- Drawing on the communication style insights from participants’ Management DiSC® profiles this module focuses on facilitating collaboration within the team and with stakeholders
6 BUSINESS GROWTH
- How can the future leader help drive team performance and business growth?
- What are expectations of team members as well as the leader and what is the culture which leads people to achieve and exceed goals?
- In these disrupted and sometimes uncertain times, innovation is critical.
- How can the leader encourage the team to look at things differently and develop creative solutions to challenges?
The Future Leaders Circle is aimed at PR & Comms professionals with at least ten years’ experience.
In an agency this might be an Account or Associate Directors or above
In-house this might be Senior Managers within Corporate PR or Public Affairs team
Depending on the number and experience levels of the final participants, the project groups might be divided so that
people are working with those at a similar level of experience
The 2023 Future Leaders Circle will start in July and run through to January 2024.
Group meetings will be held on Tuesday in the second week of each month
(precise time will be determined by the time zones of participants)
One- on-one coaching sessions are use or lose in allocated month and can’t be carried over
Our community guidelines of respect and confidentiality govern meetings
‘Chatham House’ rules for meetings
Program runs until January 31st 2023
Once agreed mentoring
appointments can be changed online by mentee
Advice is general in nature. Full terms available online
We have a simple questionnaire for prospective participants to review to help them understand the commitment to get the most out of this program
If you are considering investing in the Future Leaders program in 2023 for one or more of your team and would like to discuss, please click here and Amanda will be in touch to set up a coffee or Zoom meeting to discuss.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM LEADER
AMANDA J LITTLE
I’ve spent my career consulting in public relations with more than a decade’s experience in agency senior management positions including Managing Director of H+K Strategies and Edelman Australia.
With each promotion I was leading without much awareness of how I was leading and the impact I was having on others. I was determined to be the best leader I could be and assist my team to enjoy and grow their careers.
After helping hundreds of PR, Social, Digital and Comms executives and managers build their skills and grow their careers for the past decade, it was the right time to help nurture and encourage emerging leaders to grow their leadership skills and build their confidence.
The Future Leaders Circle is an investment in the next generation of leaders for our industry.
I’m keen to share my leadership experience to assist your future leaders to grow and shine in their roles